Of Dreams And Reality

I am a chronic dreamer. How chronic you ask? I often hold my hand up and expect something magical to appear. I must admit, as a young adult in an unforgiving world this pathetic habit of mine could prove troublesome (It once led to hospitalisation, but that is another story for another time). But I refuse to change. I refuse to give up my love for all my hobbies when I was a child. I refuse to stop reading comics (One Piece, Naruto, Bakuman) and watching cartoons (Code Geass, Vandread, Neon Genesis Evangelion). I refuse to stop playing video games (Final Fantasy, Persona, Mana Khemia, Tales Of). I know, I know. For doing this, I will never be considered fully adult. But if being adult means closing off the mind and stop to imagine when there's inspiration, then count me as a child. Forever, if that's what it takes. I did dream. I am dreaming. I will dream. Let the dream never ends.

Reality, in the present with men means a few things. Power, women and materialistic possesions. That's all that matters to most men in present reality. Now let's compare myself and see if I had any of those. Power. Nope, not in any high position. Ever. Just one of those people that makes up the wallpaper of houses. Women. Nope, still single. Had a few misadventures with a few of them in my past. Nothing pretty or perfect, mind you. Materialistic possesions. Nope, no car, cash, creadit cards or condominium. So, basically I just failed a reality check. But what difference does it make? Not a single thing could change the fact that I'm comfortable being who I am. A person who has great family and friends. A person lucky enough to live in a country not in war. A person who has a bright mind with radical ideas and a sense of humour good enough to make him laugh at his own thoughts. So, in my reality, I have family, friends, environment, intelligence and humour. Not exactly the things on people wishlist. But for these I'm thankful to God. Maybe next time I'll discuss ants burial rites.

Comments

Popular Posts