What Makes A Villain

The ghost of Barbara Radziwiłł.Image via Wikipedia

Do you know there is two sides to every story? Very often we are told about the winner's version of the story and never the loser's version. This is what makes a villain destroys the world:

I was a simple man. One with dreams and ambitions. I had no special gifts to be proud of. Why I was chosen to be the apprentice over so many other qualified mages, I did not find out until it was too late. At that point, I thought I was just lucky. I had all the best equipment a mage could ask for. I have many knights to protect me while casting my spell. I had a private castle under the protection of a strong Lord. I could live in luxury for the rest of my life. All I need to do in exchange is provide the master wizard my blood every month. I was so consumed with material wealth that I never ask any questions.

As time goes by, I fell in love. Little did I know then, my love was the world's worst nightmare. I loved her too much that I cannot bear the thought of living without her. Knowing this, the master wizard transformed her into a magical item. A living magical item which requires human souls to continue living. I was enraged when I found out. I murdered the master wizard with a single thought. Then I realized that I have God's blood flowing in my veins. I can shape the world just by thinking how I want it to be! First, I tried to transform my love back to her human form. I failed because she was created using my blood too.

The best I could do was control her thoughts and keep her sane. She always asked me why I cried when I talked to her. I don't have the heart to tell her gentle soul that every day I kill others so she could live one more day. I spend as much time as I could with her. Every day is divided into moving her to a new place, killing people for their soul and feeding her while talking with her. Many people thought she was the source of my power. Some even tried to worship us to escape death. Fools! Death comes, no matter the wealth or health.

When the Hero killed me, I made sure she became my coffin. Nothing can separate us, not even death. We will be together, even if our love destroyed the world. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts