The Person Not Swiped

This poem is heavily adapted from the poem "The Road Not Taken", written by Robert Frost, except it is about Tinder instead.

Two directions my finger can swipe diverged on a white interface,
And sorry that I cannot swipe right
And be one desperate person, long I stare
And imagined as far as I could
To where a swipe can land me;

Then I viewed the next profile, just as good,
And having perhaps the better genes,
Because of the profile picture and bio;
Though if I am really honest
Both profiles seems the same,

And both that night look equally sexy
In clothes that speak of style and wealth.
Oh, I swiped right on one of them!
Yet knowing how text leads on to dates,
I doubted if I would ever meet my second choice.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two directions diverged on a white interface, and I-
I swiped the richer profile,
And that has made all the difference.


Comments

Popular Posts