Ms. Dream Mechanic

Part 2 of Magic War Saga

I fix dreams for a living.
Some are easy,
Some are hard.
Just like any other jobs.

What is different here,
Is I can change a person,
Forever.
A dream makes a difference.

Twist a darker nightmare,
Create another coward/criminal.
Sweeten another fantasy,
Create another happy person.

Sure, I can't repair every dream,
Like those in coma,
Or those who can't dream,
Or Mr. Oath Alchemist.

I met him once,
At a magical conference,
We talked and joked,
Then he told me his oath story.

I cried a bit,
And I tried to help,
Giving him some good dreams,
An escape from reality at least.

We kept in touch,
Returned to each of our worlds,
Keeping magical order,
I hope he rests well.

Then one day I got a call,
Something happened.
We were needed together,
Assembled once again.

Every High Wizard was called.
The case was very rare.
A new magic type was created,
But what kind?

We run every test on it.
We tried fighting it.
We tried to use it ourselves.
We discovered nothing.

So I decided to adopt that young experiment,
Bringing him back home,
Part curiosity, part loneliness,
Until his magic grew too strong.

Mr. Oath Alchemist is the external observer,
He comes once in awhile,
Checking for progress,
And layering a few oaths into him.

On that day,
We awakened his true magic,
He named it,
Personality Parasite.

Both me and Mr. Oath Alchemist fought him tooth and nail,
But lost.
Mr. Oath Alchemist was captured.
I barely escaped with my life.

I will be back,
To save Mr. Oath Alchemist,
With more High Wizards,
And this time, we will be ready.

Comments

Popular Posts