Oath of Imagination

 Writing prompt:

After years of gentle persuasion your best friend since childhood finally agrees to seek professional help for serious mental problems. Much to your dismay, as she begins to improve you slowly start to realize that you are her imaginary friend.

Me: You need help, sis. Like, a.s.a.p., in capital letters.
Her: And will you quit nagging me after all these years if I do seek help?
Me: Yes, pinkie promise, cross my heart, I swear on my honor and belief in you.
Her: Dang, how can I refuse now that you said the magic word?
Me: Now go, I, as your wizard and quest giver, gives you a quest to seek out the best healer you can find in this land!
Her: Okay, okay, sheesh, calm your jammies, silly wizzie.
*She dials the number of a local therapist. After a few sessions with the therapist and various medicines......*
Me: Hey, sis.
Her: Hey there, my personal Gandalf! Where the hell have you been this past few weeks? I missed you so much! Omg, I have so much to tell you! I.....
Me: Stop, stop, let me go first, please? I have limited time.
Her: Huh? What? Okay, you first. Then me.
Me: Do you remember both of us watching the movie inside out?
Her: Yeah.....
Me: Do you remember the character Bing Bong in the movie?
Her: Yeah...... Why ah?
Me: Because I have to do a Bing Bong here. You see, sis, that Bing Bong is me too. I am not real. I am your imaginary friend made specifically by you to cope with your trauma. And now that my job is done and your medicine is kicking in, I will be completely gone soon.
Her: No, no, no, no, no, no, I don't want you gone!
Me: It's alright, child. My job is done here. Don't stop eating your medicine to see me again. Will you promise me that before I am gone?
Her, while crying: I..... sniff......sniff....... P-p-p-p-inkie.......prom-i-i-i-i-se.
Me: My time is up soon. This fading is already getting worse..... Don't worry too much about me, sis. You can do this! Remember, I will never stop believing in you, even if I am no longer by your side. Goodbye, sis.
*She tried to hug air but I already faded away completely.*

Comments

Popular Posts